- Fairly thick and takes time to move from one side of the jar to the other.
- Tends not to be sticky if rubbed between fingers.
- If you heat the pure honey, it caramelizes quickly and does not make foam.
- Real honey crystallizes with time.
- Not dense at all. Fake honey is very light and runny.
- It is fairly sticky because of the high percentage of added sweeteners and additives.
- Never caramelizes and forms the foam and becomes bubbly because of the added moisture, sugars and water.
- Fake honey does not crystallize.